Allied Health Profession Support Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
Learners will choose a pathway which relates to their workplace. There are four components to the apprenticeship:
1. Diploma in Allied Health Profession Support Level 3
- Communication in health & social care settings
- Personal development in health & social care settings
- Equality and Inclusion in health & social care settings
- Duty of care in health & social care settings
- The principles of infection prevention and control
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health & social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person-centred approaches in health & social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health & social care settings
- Causes and spread of infection
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
Further optional units will need to be completed to achieve this qualification.
2. Functional Skills: English & Maths Level 2
3. Employment Rights & Responsibilities
As part of Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Employment and Personal Learning Skills in Health (QCF)
4. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in or providing support within a care environment such as hospitals and community care environments. It would suit support roles, for example healthcare assistant, healthcare support worker, clinical support worker, therapy assistant/helper, who work alongside Allied Health Professionals such as physiotherapists, radiographers, podiatrists, speech & language therapists, dieticians and occupational therapists. The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent). GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment.
This training programme is mainly delivered and assessed in the workplace.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.