Hospitality and Catering Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in hospitality and catering?
Could you benefit from a hands-on Level 2 course?
This course allows you to develop essential catering and food safety skills, as well as the skills and knowledge you need for employment.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Theory sessions
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment
- Relevant Level 1 qualification; or, equivalent GCSEs or experience
- You must be willing to learn new skills
- Attention to timekeeping, presentability and attendance are essential
- You will be expected to purchase kit, uniform and books, costing approximately £280 (subject to change). Help towards this cost may be available through grants
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- A series of practical tasks
- Practical checklists to explain your work
- Knowledge and research tasks
Completion of this course will help to prepare you for employment and further education. If you choose to progress directly into employment, you will have a basic understanding of catering, hospitality and food safety, which will be valuable in a range of working environments.
Many students will choose to progress further in education, gaining a more specialised expertise and greater career options.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Professional Food and Beverage Service – Supervision Level 3, available at:
Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Level 3, available at:
Professional Cookery (Kitchen and Larder) Level 3, available at:
- Bar Manager
- Conference & Events Manager
- Hotel Manager
Programme code: 0704B02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.