Plumbing and Heating/Domestic Heating Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at City College Plymouth
How often have you heard someone ask if anyone knows a good plumber? The Construction industry is booming, not to mention the maintenance and repairs required on houses already built. Once qualified, being a plumber can be a job for life, and the rewards are there if you're willing to work hard. You can work for a company on a regular wage, do contract work on large projects, or even set up on your own and be your own boss! The skills and qualifications are globally recognised, so you could even trade in the British weather for sunnier climates. On this Apprenticeship, you'll learn about the installation and maintenance of plumbing systems and components. You'll be working under minimal supervision to complete installation and maintenance of domestic hot water, cold water, sanitation, drainage, rainwater systems and central heating systems and components.
As an apprentice you will gain valuable experience and occupational competence within your workplace setting. You will be employed and, under supervision carrying out different types of Plumbing work.
You will study the following subjects:
• safe working practices in building services engineering
• understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
• understand how to apply environmental protection measures within building services engineering
• understand how to apply scientific principles within mechanical engineering services
• carry out site preparation, and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems.
• understand and apply domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
• understand and apply domestic hot water system installation and maintenance techniques
• understand and apply domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
• understand and apply domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques
• understand and apply domestic above ground drainage system installation and maintenance techniques
Functional Skills level 2 maths and English and level 1 ICT. You will also learn Employee Rights and Responsibilities, as well as Creative Thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Self Managment and Effective Participation
You will undertake various assessments so we can ascertain at which levels you are currently working. Ideally, you will have good practical working skills, good written and verbal communication skills, willing to work in all weather and be presentable with a pleseant manner.
Assessments are carried out on and off the job and day release at Kings Road, with multiple choice exams and practical assessments.
You can progress to an Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Plumbing and Heating or Domestic Heating.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.