Government and Politics - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Society is made up of a range of different groups from varied social, cultural and religious backgrounds and the Government and Politics course will show you how political decisions are influenced by the ethics and moral and cultural values of these groups and their governments.
You will be encouraged to develop a critical awareness of the nature of politics; acquire knowledge and understanding of the structures of authority and power within the political system of the UK; acquire knowledge and understanding of the rights and responsibilities of the individual; develop an interest in and engagement with contemporary politics.
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment).
- 6 GCSEs grade C or above to include Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st language)
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This course is assessed through a range of activities, including:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation.
Progression to further or higher education courses. Career pathways include working in the civil service, journalism, law, economics, banking, teaching, corporate management.
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.