Spanish AS/A2 at Rednock School
What will I learn on this A Level course?
- To extend the range of your language skills
- To explore a number of topic areas through the medium of the foreign language
- To learn more about the culture of the foreign country concerned
- To learn more about the history of the country concerned, through the medium of the language
- Topics will range from ‘the media’ and ‘leisure’ to ‘the environment’ and ‘society’
A variety of task types including true/false, gap fill, sequencing, questions in English, questions in the target language.
A variety of task types including true/false, gap fill, questions in the target language, translation into English/Target language, manipulating verbs/adjectives.
Responding to stimulus material, varying lengths of task from 100 words to 350 words plus. Tasks will incorporate knowledge of facts, the ability to give opinions, to sequence material logically and to argue convincingly, essay writing based on research around target language country.
Responding to stimulus material, discussing the issues involved and putting forward one’s point of view, giving reasons for them, discussion of topics researched
A good understanding of the grammatical concepts covered in the GCSE course. Productive language skills, (writing and speaking) will need to be strong, and students should have been successful on higher tier papers and gained at least a grade ‘B’ at GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rednock School directly.