Accounting AAT Level 1 Diploma at Buxton & Leek College
Learners will study four modules:
Mathematics for Accounting
• Understanding and developing skills in a range of basic mathematical functions using financial data.
• Understanding basic mathematical concepts and applying a range of numerical skills required by financial professionals.
Essential Accounting Procedures
• Applying basic accounting terminology to business documents and procedures.
• Understanding the principles of single-entry accounting systems, including preparing to record business transactions in the books of prime entry.
• Understanding types of coding and batch control.
• Preparing documents to process receipts and payments.
• Preparing a basic profit statement.
Creating Business Documents
• Familiarising learners with a range of documents used within the accountancy function and other areas of business.
• Understanding the importance of good quality communications, including knowledge of formal and informal written communications.
• Identifying different types of business documents and understand why it is important to choose the right style for internal and external communications.
Accounting in a Professional Environment
• Understanding how efficient working practices and personal development will help both individuals and businesses succeed.
• Appreciating how the legal framework and ethical behaviour affect the way a business is run.
This course provides a basic introduction to accounting and finance and prepares the learner for future learning, develops employability skills. It is a short and robust qualification that is recognised in business. You’ll be able to apply your skills and knowledge directly to the workplace ensuring you are well placed to meet demands of working life from local businesses to multinationals.
No formal entry requirements are required. Learners should be in employment in a basic accounting role or similar.
Provides the foundation knowledge to progress onto other AAT qualifications such as the Level 2 ATT Certificate in Accounting.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.