Bricklaying Diploma Level 2 at St Helens College
This course is for those who want to develop a career within the bricklaying industry.
You will be interpreting scale drawings, producing structures and developing your practical brickwork skills.
You will become experienced in the use of hand tools and the safe use of scaffolding.
During this course, you will cover the following:
- Constructing masonry cladding
- Constructing cavity walling forming masonry structures
- Constructing solid walling incorporating isolated and attached piers
- Constructing thin joint masonry
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Set out masonry structures
- Understanding construction technology
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to gain some work experience within the construction industry.
You should have successfully completed the level 1 study programme in bricklaying. You must also have a passion for working within the construction industry and commitment to your studies.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
You will be assessed by a range of practical and online assessments.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will have the necessary skills to progress onto a traineeship or an apprenticeship within the construction industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.