Physics A Level at Netherhall School
1. Particles, Quantum Phenomena and Electricity.
2. Mechanics and Properties of Materials and Waves.
3. Practical Skills – How Science Works. ISA
4. Waves, Fields and Further Forces.
5. Turning Points in Physics with Nuclear Physics.
6. Further Practical Skills. ISA
You must have a good Core and Additional Science GCSE grade or GCSE Physics grade B or above and a good grade at GCSE Maths. There is a written exam at the end of modules 1, 2, 4 and 5. Modules 3 and 6 are centre assessed units. You need to be a well organised student who is thorough in completing all tasks and be enthusiastic in undertaking wider reading.
A Level Physics is usually required for degree courses in Engineering, Design and Architecture, Medicine, Veterinary Science, Sports Science and both pure and applied Physics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Netherhall School directly.