Vehicle Inspection IMI Level 2 Diploma at Northbrook College Sussex
Maintenance and diagnosis progression routes offer candidates the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills required to become qualified as a light vehicle technician. Here an increased depth of knowledge will be built upon the previously studied systems.
The course is delivered by highly trained teachers who are also industry experts. An excellent personal tutor system supports students learning and personal development and welfare including careers advice.
- 100% teaching and learning satisfaction
- Designated workshop areas simulating industry standards
- Industry standard diagnostic equipment
- 100% Achievement Rate
The Level 2 Diploma covers all of the light vehicle service aspects, focusing on efficient replacement of key components to industry standard of competency.
This course provides learners with the opportunity to study both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- Inspect, repair and replace high performance light vehicle tyres
- Carry out light vehicle front wheel alignment
- Inspect and replace light vehicle exhaust system components
- Inspect, test and replace vehicle batteries and charging components
- Inspect and replace light vehicle suspension springs and dampers
- Inspect, adjust and replace light vehicle braking systems and components
- Inspect remove and replace engine components
- Carrying out routine vehicle service and repair.
- Learners also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage.
To start on this course you need:
4 GCSEs at grade D or above including Maths and English plus relevant experience
a relevant Level 1 qualification with at least a merit profile, including English and Maths requirements.
An appropriate reference and successful interview will also be required.
After 1 year of study and completing level 2 you can apply for Level 3 or you can seek employment in the industry in a commercial garage and continue your education towards a level 3 qualification through our day release apprenticeship programme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Northbrook College Sussex directly.