AS / A Level - Music at Blackpool Sixth Form College
A Level Music is a highly rewarding subject that enables you to develop and showcase your creative talents. You will gain knowledge about classical, film, world and modern music and develop skills to perform, compose and analyse pieces of music.
AS Music Year includes:
- Developing skills on chosen instrument or voice
- Composing according to a brief
- Learning to analyse music covering the history of Western classical music
A2 Music Year includes:
- Further developing of performance skills
- Explore compositional techniques through pastiche study
- In-depth musical analysis and essay writing.
- GCSE Music – grade C or above
- Grade 5 ABRSM or above in your main instrument/voice
- Grade 5 ABRSM Music Theory
60% is a coursework portfolio and 40% exam for both AS and A2
Exam board: Edexcel
A very wide range of opportunities are on offer for those with the A level Music qualification, including many in both the media and music industries. Past students have gone on to study music at Oxford, Leeds College of Music and the Royal Northern College of Music.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.