Public Services BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Seevic College
Would you like to work in areas like the Armed Forces, Police Service, Ambulance Services, Fire Services, Prison & Security Services or Voluntary Organisations?
This course is ideal if you want to learn the skills and knowledge needed to understand employment within the public services industry.
It will provide you with the expertise required to gain employment in a wide range of public services. Alternatively, you will be able to continue your studies at university level. You will need to have a strong terest in a variety of services.
- Government, Policies & Public Services
- Leadership & Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship and Diversity & the Public Services
- Behaviour in the Public Sector Employment
- Understand the Impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism on Public Services
- Skills for Land Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Services
- Fitness Testing and Training.
Additional Units include:
- Practical Team Sports
- Exercise, Health & Lifestyle
- Volunteering in the Public Services
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents.
General Entry Requirements
- Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma or above and GCSE English Language or Maths at grade C/4 or above.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language.
- Practical Assessments
- Theoretical Assessments including – assignments & presentations
- Lessons will be on and off site with both theoretical and practical elements.
- Practical kit
- Course textbook
- Compulsory trips and visits
- Weekly 'smart attire' day.
- After completing the course you can apply for employment in the Public Services e.g. the Fire Service, Police, Armed Forces and related civilian occupations.
- You may also progress onto a Higher Education course.
- Compulsory trips and visits on this course are an integral and exciting part
- Links to employability within the public services
- Opportunity to access Higher Education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.