Horse Management C&G Extended Diploma Level 3 at Kingston Maurward College
During the first year of this course you will complete the units for the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma.
Year 2 units include:
- Undertake and review work related experience in the land-based industries
- Understand the principles of animal anatomy and physiology
- Prepare and care for competition horses
- Understand the principles of horse rehabilitation and therapy
- Business management in the land based sector
- Undertake equestrian teaching
- Contribute to managing an equine event
- Riding horses on the flat
- Riding horses over fences
- Training towards BHS exams (exam fees not included).
You will also get the opportunity to take part in a study tour and organise your own show.
4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including maths, English and science OR a Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care at Distinction level. A determination to succeed together with the ability to ride towards BHS Stage 1 level or Pony Club C+ standard. The Equine Academy has a weight limit of 85kg (13 stones 5llbs) for all riders. A non-riding option is available.
Courses leading to a qualification are FREE for British citizens, aged under 19 years on 31 August in the academic year you start your course.* However, there may be some additional costs for clothing/kit and trips depending on your course. You can apply to the Bursary Fund for extra help towards the cost of transport, food, equipment or childcare.
Basic stationery - pens, pencils, A4 lever arch files, ruler and eraser Navy yard overalls and steel toe capped wellington boots - all protective equipment will be inspected by the course instructor Practical clothing suitable for the weather condition Navy Jodhpurs Work gloves Polo shirts and sweatshirts are available to purchase at the college.
A responsible and challenging career in the equine industry in the UK or abroad, progression to university or, with further training, a variety of therapeutic careers are attainable. Yard Supervisor, Mounted Armed Forces, Racing Industry, Animal Physiotherapist, Animal Technician, Applied Animal Behaviourist, Horse Riding Instructor, Horse Trainer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingston Maurward College directly.