Vehicle Technology Intermediate Diploma at North Lindsey College
The Intermediate Diploma in Vehicle Technology is designed for students who have already achieved grade A*-C in Maths and English or have completed the Diploma in Vehicle Technology. The programme explores the technology of a modern vehicle including electrics, brakes, suspension and engines. The programme has been developed to prepare students to progress to an apprenticeship or gain employment in a fast fit centre concentrating on routine servicing. Students may also choose to progress to the Advanced Diploma in Vehicle Technology or the Level 3 in Motorsport Technology.
Students will study the technical and practical aspects of vehicle maintenance and
repair, covering all of the major systems on a modern vehicle. These are covered in the following units:
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Engine Units and Components
- Light Vehicle Engine Mechanical, Lubrication and Cooling System Units and Components
- Light Vehicle Fuel, Ignition, Air and Exhaust System Units and Components
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Chassis Units and Components
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Electrical Units and Components
Typically students will have GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English or have completed the Diploma in Vehicle Technology and be working towards A*-C in Maths or English. Students who have previous practical experience of vehicle maintenance can access the course but will be expected to achieve Maths and English in order to progress to the Advanced Diploma or the Level 3 Motorsport Technology.
Students skills and knowledge will be monitored and assessed before completing a written, practical and online assessment for each unit.
Students typically progress to the Advanced Diploma in Vehicle Technology but the programme also provides access to apprenticeships, employment or the Level 3 Motorsport Technology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.