BTEC Level 3 Science at The Cottesloe School
The Edexcel Level 3 BTEC in Applied Science is delivered as a series of assignments which students complete and add to an ongoing portfolio of work. Evidence will take various forms including, report writing, standard operating procedures, practical work, photos, posters, PowerPoint’s etc.
Unit 1 – Fundamentals of science
- Measurements needed to monitor reactions
- Using scientific equipment to investigate cells
- Investigating Energy and Energy Transfers
- Communication of scientific information
Unit2 – Working in the Science industry
- Procedures in the scientific work place
- Design a Science Laboratory
- Laboratory information management systems
- Safe working practice
Unit 3 – Scientific investigation
- Plan investigations
- Undertake planned investigations using scientific principles
- Collect, collate and analyse results
- Draw conclusions from investigations
You will be assessed throughout the course against the criteria for each assignment based on the work in your portfolio. There are no exams for this course
This course will benefit students who would like to build on work in BTEC Science at Level 2 and who are considering a career based on the sciences. It will also be of interest to students who have studied GCSEs and who wish to study science without specialising into the traditional A Levels.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Cottesloe School directly.