Business Studies A Level at Saints Peter and Paul Catholic College
A level Business will give you an exciting insight into the dynamic world of business. It is not just a theoretical subject, it is about real life. This combination of academic challenge and practical focus makes the prospect of studying A level Business highly appealing.
You will learn about businesses and the way they operate in today’s society. You will investigate problems which real businesses are currently facing and use your initiative to develop possible solutions.
You will study a wide variety of topics including: enterprise, human resources and environmental factors
Marketing, accounting and finance, production, ethics, international trade, the digital age, law, economics, change management
Emphasis throughout the entire course is on problem solving and decision-making. You will learn how to use a wide range of contemporary business tools and models and apply them to today’s businesses.
Examination board: OCR
100% exam based
- 3 x 2 hour exam papers (taken at the end of course) based on case studies of three real businesses (one small/local, one medium/national and one large/international)
- A wide range of question types including multiple choice, short answer and extended writing
- Opportunity to demonstrate your quantitative, reflective and decision-making business skills to solve business problems.
A level Business is an excellent base for a university degree, especially degrees in business, management, human resources, accountancy, law, finance, philosophy, politics and economics, sociology and psychology. Careers with a business degree are diverse and have high earning potential.
- A range of career possibilities including banking, insurance, advertising, distribution, sales, accounting, law, education, central or local government and business consultancy. Business skills, which touch on every part of our modern society, are in high demand worldwide and are often well paid.
- Entrepreneurship and the benefits of running your own business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Saints Peter and Paul Catholic College directly.