Btec Sport at St Michael's Catholic High School
Aims of the course:
To develop knowledge and understanding in a broad range of topics relating to physical activity & coaching.
• The course is made up of 6 Units.
• All units are internally assessed and graded, with some samples of work being externally verified. An overall grade is awarded at the end of the course.
• A variety of learning methods are used with much emphasis placed on the student’s ability to time manage and complete personal research work.
• Students will be required to present their work in a variety of formats, including the planning and delivery of lessons to students from our local feeder schools.
• Students are not assessed on their practical ability at any stage during the BTEC Sport course, however, the Practical Team Sports Unit asks you to complete a portfolio documenting your strengths, weaknesses, ability to analyse performance and general knowledge of two sports.
BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Merit or Distinction level. Must be an enthusiastic sports performer (regular participation in KS4 practical PE lessons). Must have a genuine interest in Physical Education topics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Michael's Catholic High School directly.