Personal and professional skills IB Core at The Royal Harbour Academy
Personal and professional skills are designed for students to develop attitudes, skills and strategies to be applied to personal and professional situations and contexts now and in the future. In this course the emphasis is on skills development for the workplace, as these are transferable and can be applied in a range of situations.
The course encourages a range of qualities including:
- Academic honesty.
The overall aims of personal and professional skills are for the students to:
- Develop as reflective and lifelong learners who can adapt to diverse situations
- Recognize personal strengths and identify ways to overcome challenges
- Be aware of and respond effectively to ethical dilemmas
- Value diversity of cultures and perspectives
- Demonstrate the ten attributes of the IB learner profile.
Topics covered in Personal and Professional skills lessons will include:
There are five themes in personal and professional skills:
1. Personal development.
2. Intercultural understanding.
3. Effective communication.
4. Thinking processes.
5. Applied ethics.
How will it be taught?
You will have timetabled personal and professional skills lessons but there will be considerable crossover between this, the reflective project and your vocational studies.
How will it be assessed?
Personal and Professional skills will be internally assessed by the school. A portfolio of evidence will be compiled by each student and submitted at the end of the course.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.