GCSE Mathematics at Ashton Sixth Form College
The GCSE Mathematics course involves 30 weeks of intense study covering topics on Handling Data, Number, Algebra and Shape and Space.
You can study at two different levels, which will be discussed with your tutor. The levels available are:
Foundation – up to grade C
Higher – grades B to A*
The course covers topics in:
- Handling Data - averages, different types of graphs, questionnaires and surveys Number – percentages, ratio, decimals and fractions
- Algebra – simplifying algebraic expressions and solving equations
- Shape and space – angles, area, volume
- Anyone wishing to enrol must attend an assessment session prior to the start of the course, and must achieve a satisfactory score.
- A willingness to work hard, attend each week, complete set work, revise thoroughly for exams and enjoy the experience of learning.
By completing GCSE Mathematics Foundation level you may wish to continue your studies to gain a grade at Higher level. Alternatively you may progress to many higher education courses which need GCSE Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashton Sixth Form College directly.