Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3 at York College
There are seven units of study:
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Understanding the Fundamental Principles and Requirements of Environmental Technology Systems
- Principles of Electrical Science
- Electrical Installations: Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning
- Electrical Systems Design
- Career Awareness in Building Services Engineering
The Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations or equivalent as well as 4 GCSE grade Cs including Maths (grade 4), English (grade 4) and Science or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2. Without evidence of formal qualifications, candidates must demonstrate adequate prior knowledge and experience to ensure they have the potential to gain the qualification.
On completion of this Diploma students should aim to go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then onto higher level courses in Construction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.