Music Technology - BTEC at Bristol Brunel Academy
Mix live sound like a pro. Record and master vocals, guitars & drums. Use Logic Pro to compose & create. Go beyond the basics to realise your own sound, then play it LOUD...
- Live Sound Techniques: Learn to set up complex PA systems, balance sound & mix for live performers on stage.
- Music Production Techniques: Master recording studio techniques then mix for that studio quality sound.
- Sound Creation & Manipulation: Using Macs, create & compose your own musical ideas.
- Special Subject Investigation: Choose, justify, research then present your ideas on your own specialist music subject.
- Music and Sound for the Moving Image: Create sound effects, title music & underscore for a moving image.
- Delivering a Music Product: See a music product such as an EP or concert from inception to completion.
Grade B in Music
Minimum Academic Standard for Progression into Y13
Entry into Y13 is not automatic in CLF Post 16.
The majority of students will continue into Y13 dependent on the entry criteria for courses as outlined below:
For BTECs all students must attain a minimum vocational standard of passes for successful progression.
Students who do not meet the entry requirements into Y13 will be given guidance about a change of study programme and relevant courses available. They will not be allowed to re-sit the same core learning aims (i.e. subjects) as they did in Y12.
Teacher marked and externally moderated.
Foundation/BA/BSc degree in music/creative music tech; sound engineering: acoustics; music production; music industry management; sonic arts.
Studio engineer/technician; DJ; composer; radio presenter; arrange; artists manager; audio programmer; backline technician; sound designer; studio manager; music & retail.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bristol Brunel Academy directly.