Business Studies Cambridge Technical Level 3 at Chadwell Heath Academy
Business is the heart of the economy, encouraging innovation and creating wealth. Cambridge Technicals offers students the opportunity to explore the world of business
- The first year of the course is equivalent to one A2 grade. In the second year this qualification then becomes equivalent to two A2 grades.
- You know exactly what you need to achieve in units in order to obtain the qualification and grade you want.
- The Cambridge Technical can be studied alongside AS or GCSE courses
- UCAS points equivalent to grades in AS/A2 allowing you to go onto further study at University with HND/ HNC or Honours degree courses.
- You can use it as a pathway to apprenticeships in business related fields.
You will study eleven units across the two years
7 mandatory units which include; (*externally assessed)
Unit 1: The Business Environment*
Unit 2: Working in Business*
Unit 3: Business Decisions*
Unit 4: Customers and Communication
Unit 5: Marketing and Market Research
Unit 6: Marketing Strategy
Unit 7: Marketing Campaign
Plus 4 optional units
Unit 1: Develop an understanding of how and why businesses operate in the way they do. You will look at a range of different types of business and business structures, and how the ownership of a business and its objectives are interrelated. You will learn about the importance of different functions within a business working together. You will understand the legal, financial, ethical and resource constraints under which a business must operate and how these affect business behaviour. You will explore ways in which businesses respond to changes in their economic, social and technological environment, and the necessity for a business to plan.
Unit 2: This unit will cover the skills and understanding needed to work effectively within a business environment. This includes arranging meetings, working with business documents, making payments, prioritising business activities and communicating with stakeholders. The skills and understanding you will develop through this unit are critical to the success of any business and are highly valued in the business world..
Three externally assessed examinations
Eight internally assessed portfolios
When completing the OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 Diploma in Business three units are externally assessed by examination whilst the other eight are all internally assessed. The internal assessment approach allows you receive feedback regarding your progress throughout the course. Evidence for assessment may be generated through a range of diverse activities including assignment and project work, case studies, real world assessment, role play, presentations and examination.
- University courses in Business
- Apprenticeships in a wide variety of business sectors such as Accounting, Human Resources, Banking, Customer Service and Marketing plus many more.
- Civil Service
- Become an entrepreneur and run your own business
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chadwell Heath Academy directly.