Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) at Biddenham Upper School and Sports College
This is a ½ A-Level qualification and is graded A* E. An A* is worth 28 UCAS points.
The Project can be on any topic you wish (but your supervisor will have to approve your choice).
Level 3 Academic / Technical Course entry requirements.
You will be assessed on three things:
- A Project Log which records your plans and how they changed, the key decisions you made, and the problems you solved.
- A Product which can be:
- a performance.
- a dissertation (a written report like a long essay).
- an investigation (for example a series of experiments).
- an artefact (something you make, such as an art or craft work or a website)
- A Presentation which can be of a variety of formats but will evaluate your Project.
You will be taught important Project skills:
- ICT skills to improve your Project Log, your Product and your Presentation.
- Research skills.
- Project Management skills including planning and time management.
- How to write an academic project.
- Technical skills appropriate to the project you have chosen.
During the process, students will develop as independent, reflective learners and acquire knowledge and transferable skills that are invaluable for further study and the workplace.
There are no additional costs associated with this course
The Extended Project Qualifications provide students the opportunity to develop extended writing skills which support all forms of further education, training and employment.
Course contact: Mrs C Burton, email@example.com
Exam board information: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/projects/aqacertificate/EPQ7993
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Biddenham Upper School and Sports College directly.