A Level Maths and Mechanics at The King's Academy
A combination of core Pure Mathematics skills, plus modules incorporating increasingly complex models based on real-life situations.
Content of course
1. Core Mathematics 1 (C1) Proof; algebra; coordinate geometry in the (x, y) plane; sequences and series; differentiation; integration.
2. Core Mathematics 2 (C2) Algebra; sequences and series; trigonometry; exponentials and logarithms; differentiation; integration.
3. Core Mathematics 3 (C3) Algebra and functions; functions; trigonometry; differentiation; numerical methods.
4. Core Mathematics 4 (C4) Algebra; binomial expansion; differential equations; integration; vectors.
5. Mechanics 1 (M1) Mathematical models in mechanics; vectors in mechanics; kinematics of a particle moving in a straight line; dynamics of a particle moving in a straight line or plane; statics of a particle; moments.
6. Mechanics 2 (M2) Kinematics of a particle moving in a straight line or plane; centres of mass; work and energy; collisions; statics of rigid bodies.
At least a grade A at GCSE
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The King's Academy directly.