Business BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Tytherington School
The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business offers students the opportunity to gain a real understanding of the business world. The main requirements for entry onto the course are a lively and enquiring mind and an interest in the business world.
Level 3 Business students have access to a range of career and higher education opportunities. Students develop a wide range of transferable skills during the course including: collecting, analysing and interpreting data, communicating findings in different
ways and creating links with real businesses and organisations. The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business differs from A Levels in two main ways:
- All of the final BTEC Business grade is based on coursework units. These units are then internally marked and externally moderated.
- Greater autonomy is expected of the students. Students are expected to organise and conduct their own research that provides evidence to support their assignment responses.
The course aims to:
• Provide a broad understanding of business and enable students to study selected areas in depth.
• Develop skills, knowledge and understanding in business.
• Facilitate a practical and realistic approach to learning.
• Offer progression to both higher education and employment within business. The course is demanding and utilises a variety of learning styles including project work, case studies, presentations, role plays, lectures and where possible industrial visits. Much of the project work is completed independently and there is an expectation that students will commit approximately 1 hour of private study time for every hour of lesson time.
5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including Business Studies where this has been taken at GCSE). Much of the BTEC Business course is new to all students so students not having studied Business Studies should not be deterred.
The Business Environment
Introduction to Marketing
Business Markets and the Economy
All of the above units are completed as coursework with no final exam. Each individual unit is graded from Distinction* to Pass. This is equivalent to the A level grade range of A*-E. The Edexcel Subsidiary Diploma in Business is the equivalent of one A Level.
This course combines well with a range of other BTEC/A Level Courses including: Finance, Maths, ICT, English, Psychology and Sociology. The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business also leads to a range of employment and apprenticeship opportunities in areas such as Accounting, Banking and Finance, Human Resources, Retailing and Law.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tytherington School directly.