Electrical Installation Apprenticeship at Oldham College Apprenticeships
As an Apprentice you will learn to install, maintain and repair equipment in a variety of locations including houses, industrial and commercial premises. This Apprenticeship offers a combination that will equip you with the breadth of skills and knowledge required to work in all types of installation environments. Available as an Advanced Apprenticeship
As you can see below, the job of an electrician is varied and interesting and can offer a challenging career. Consequently, the training programme that you will be following as an Oldham College apprentice has been designed to help you by meeting and delivering training to these standards and expectations.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical services (eg. lighting, sockets, fire alarms, emergency lighting & heating controls).
- Work indoors and outdoors and be prepared to sometimes work at height
- Work with little or no supervision; relying on their own initiative
- Be prepared to travel away from home
- Develop good working relationships with people
- Read both building and engineering drawings
- Understand wiring and circuit diagrams
- Select (within limits) materials and equipment
- Inspect and test electrical installations
- Diagnose and rectify faults on a range of circuits and equipment
- Write reports
- NVQ Level 3 in Electro-technical Technology
- Functional Skills English, Maths and IT
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Practical Performance Assessment – AM2
No Formal Entry Requirements
Ideally GCSE Grades A-C would be required, however, learners can complete an initial assessment to ensure they can meet the
requirements of the programme.
There will also include a Bpec assessment.
If you are aged 16-23 the Skills Funding Agency will fund the cost of the training.
If you are aged 24+ an employer contribution would be required.
On completion starting salaries are circa £19,000 (taken from national careers service)
On successful completion progression routes are available to move on to self-employment or alternatively HNC/HND or progression for career including management/site management training and qualifications
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.