Motor Engineering Foundation Level 1 at Accrington and Rossendale College
Foundations – IMI Award
The IMI Awards Level 1 Certificate in Motor Engineering (QCF) has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning that is relevant to them and which will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Develop their knowledge and awareness of Motor Engineering Develop an understanding of the type of work that this may encompass within construction.
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 1, vocationally-related qualification in Motor Engineering
- Progress to employment in the Motor Engineering or Associated Construction trades
- Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications in Motor Engineering or associated construction trades.
Course content: This course involves 3 days of study a week. The course will give learners the opportunity to engage in learning which will provide
opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life, whilst developing their knowledge and awareness of Motor Engineering
Maths and English: Alongside this programme you will complete Functional Skills maths and English. These lessons will give you the key skills to progress effectively in everyday life and employment. Note: if you achieve a grade D in either English or Maths then you will be working towards a further GCSE alongside your Functional skills.
Work related learning: The work related learning programme focuses on the high expectations of employers, encouraging and supporting learners to develop the skills required to progress into other vocational areas and employment. This includes subject areas such as equality and diversity, healthy living, money management and enterprise activities, Volunteer work and soft skills development.
The Level 1 Introduction to Motor Engineering programme is aimed at 16-19 years who wish to pursue a career in Motor Engineering. You must have English and Maths at Entry 3 or the Equivalent GCSE and you will be expected to attend a college interview.
The vocational qualification will be assessed throughout the year through written, practical and oral assignments. Maths and English are assessed through a final exam.
Successful completion of this Level 1 Certificate qualification can lead to a place on a whole range of the Colleges Level 1 or Level 2 Diploma programmes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington and Rossendale College directly.