Leisure Management - Level 3 at South Devon College
This course provides the knowledge and skills required to prepare a learner for employment as a first line manager in the Active Leisure sector, including the daily operation of a sports and recreation facility, dealing with staff performance and how to ensure the well-being and safety of customers. It is suitable for those considering management roles within the Active Leisure sector, including sport and recreation assistants seeking to develop their vocational skills, or anyone currently working in the Active Leisure industry in a supervisory role who wants to have their experience and knowledge recognised by a formal qualification.
What will I learn?
- Understanding how to lead a team in active leisure
- Promoting customer care in active leisure
- Understanding how to manage health, safety and welfare in active leisure
- Understanding the active leisure and learning sector
- Understanding employment rights and responsibilities
- Continuing professional development in active leisure
- Marketing in active leisure
- You will be required to have achieved Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to have achieved English at Level 1
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.