Engineering Maintenance ( Mechanical / Electrical ) Intermediate Apprenticeship at Colchester Institute
The Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Maintenance Intermediate Apprenticeship course is designed to give you the relevant training and education required to become a successful employee within the engineering maintenance and installation industries.
Core Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Maintenance Intermediate Apprenticeship units:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Using and Interpreting Engineering Data and Documentation
- Carrying out Engineering Activities Efficiently and Effectively
- Handing Over and Confirming Completion of Maintenance or Installation Activities
- Carrying out Fault Location on Mechanical Equipment
- Carrying out Maintenance Activities on Mechanical Equipment
- Restoring Mechanical Components to Usable Condition by Repair
- Carrying out Scheduled Maintenance Activities on Mechanical Equipment
As part of the Apprenticeship framework you will also study Employment Rights and Responsibilities, and Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT.
Four GCSEs (grades A* – D), or equivalent, including English, maths and science.
Possible progression to an Advanced Apprenticeship. Career pathways may include progression within electrical and mechanical maintenance and fitting roles.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Colchester Institute directly.