Animal Management (Environmental Studies Pathway) C&G Extended Diploma Level 3 at Kingston Maurward College
Global warming, the loss of Artic sea and deforestation all influence animal behaviour and welfare. This advanced two year course is suitable for anyone looking for a career involving the impact of the environment on the welfare of animals.
This pathway will develop your skills in animal management and look at biochemistry, microbiology, principles of aquatics, wildlife management and conservation.
You will also gain additional knowledge and qualifications to enhance your prospects of employment or further study either directly within the animal industry or transfer to a similar industry.
During the first year of this course you will complete the units for the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma.
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management year two units include:
- Understand the principles of animal biology
- Undertake and review work related experience in the land based industries
- Undertake an investigative project in the land based sector
- Understand the principles of animal nursing
- Understand the principles of animal nutrition
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of biochemistry and microbiology
- Understand the principles of aquatics husbandry and management
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of wildlife populations, ecology and conservation
- Understand and undertake wildlife management and rehabilitation
NB. All units are subject to change
Four GCSEs Grade C or above - to include English, Maths and Science OR Level 2 qualification in animal care with distinction plus Level 2 functional skills . Recent experience of working with animals is essential.
Courses leading to a qualification are FREE for British citizens, aged under 19 years on 31 August in the academic year you start your course.* However, there may be some additional costs for clothing/kit and trips depending on your course. You can apply to the Bursary Fund for extra help towards the cost of transport, food, equipment or childcare.
Veterinary Nurse (with further training), Veterinary reception,Animal Nursing Assistant, Animal Parks/Animal visitor attractions, Zoo Keeper, Kennels and catteries, Animal Care Worker/Supervisor, Conservation work, Pet shop work, Dog Grooming Assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingston Maurward College directly.