Early Learning and Childcare (Early Years Educator) Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Oneside Sports Education Limited
This qualiﬁcation is designed to build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational area.
This qualification is suitable for those who work with children and young people in a supervisory or senior role. It provides Learners with an opportunity to demonstrate their competence in a wide range of job roles and settings.
Learners must gain all mandatory units of 67 credits to achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Early Learning & Childcare (Early Years Educator).
- Applying the early education framework
- Assessment planning in early years setting
- Continuing professional development for early years practitioners
- Equality, diversity and inclusion for early years practitioners
- Health, safety and security procedures in early years setting
- Personal care and wellbeing for children in early years setting
- Plan and Lead activities and educational programmes
- Providing children with additional support in early years setting
- Safeguarding children in early years setting
- Supporting Children through transitions and significant events
- Supporting Children’s holistic development
- Supporting positive behavior in during early years
- Understanding Child development
- Understanding theories and philosophical approaches to child development
- Using assessment techniques for children in early years setting
- Working in partnership with parents and others in early years setting
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (via internet methods) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment.
Course Start and Duration
The course will take a minimum of 6 months, but you will have up to one year to complete the course. Courses have many start dates, but usually will be the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of written evidence, and practical assignment/demonstration
What you will receive
- Bespoke 1-2-1 tutorials
- Unique reading aids, and learning material
- Upon passing the course, you will receive a qualification (accredited by Lifetime Awarding): Level 3 Diploma in Early Learning & Childcare (Early Years Educator) – (Combined Level 3 Diploma in Early Learning & Childcare (Early Years Educator) and Level 3 NVQ in Level 3 Diploma in Early Learning & Childcare (Early Years Educator) / Level 3 Award in Employability Rights and Responsibility
Learners are required to:
- Be at least 16 years of age or above to attend the programme of training and not hold a degree
- GCSE in English (Grades A-C) if you haven’t gained a C or above you will have to complete GSCE English with us.
- GCSE in Maths (Grades A-C) if you haven’t gained a C or above you will have to complete GSCE English with us.
- GCSE in ICT (Grades A-C) or Functional Skills in ICT can be transferred over to this qualification. If you haven’t gained a C or above we will put you on the Functional Skills for ICT.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- You must not hold a degree in a similar discipline
- If doing the distance learning you will need access to a computer and the internet.
There are no additional pre-requisites to certification other then successful completion of the required assessments.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into employment in the children and young people’s workforce in health and social care, youth and community worker. Possible roles include care worker, foster carer, youth or community worker.
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oneside Sports Education Limited directly.