Media CTEC at St Andrew's Catholic School
Unit 1 - Analysing Media Products and Audiences :
- Investigate a magazine publisher from their chosen sub-genre;
- Analyse the target audience/demographics of the media product;
- How is the product distributed and marketed;
- Investigate the products impact on the audience.
Unit 2 - Planning and Pitching a Print-Based Media Product :
- Research a print media product from the chosen sub genre;
- Generate ideas based on the research conducted and collated;
- Choose 2 appropriate ideas - create a proposal and provide sample pre-production materials;
- Pitch the 2 appropriate ideas to an Editor and potential audience for feedback;
- Feedback -produce a Production Plan for 1 of their ideas addressing certain criteria.
Unit 3 - Producing a Print-Based Media Product :
- Pre-Production Materials (hand drawn drafts/mind maps) for a new music themed publication;
- “Recce” for the Production Stages - resolve, solve potential issues; Produce a front cover and double page interview for a new music magazine (rough mock up, type up);
- Final product (front cover and double page spread) -edited, manipulated, reflect on tools used - step-by-step.
Unit 4 - Print Based Advertising Media :
- Evaluate an existing campaign from the genre -analyse and evaluate a campaign from another platform as well;
- Produce a plan for a new advertising campaign for the new magazine - schedule, proposal, launch dates, legal/ethical issues;
- Plan the advertisement - generation of ideas, pre-production material and visualisations, production plan, budget, risk assessment and “recce”;
- Deliver a presentation to a client, for the print based advertisement addressing the criteria above and cost;
- Produce an original print-based advertisement to be used within a campaign.
Unit 5 - Graphic Design for Media Products :
- Analyse a range of related graphic designs from a music festival promotional campaign;
- Generate ideas for a festival campaign, flyer/poster/ticket for the New Music Magazine;
- Present design ideas for an original media product (range of products) -get feedback from the audience in mind;
- Plan for the production of 3 related graphic items -poster, flyer, ticket -budget, production plan with launch date, relevant legal issues;
- Produce 3 final graphic designs for the music festival that simultaneously promotes the New Music Magazine.
Unit 6 - Social Media Products :
- Analyse a range of social media products and a range of areas
- Generate ideas for a social media website that will promote the New Magazine and/or Music Festival;
- Plan the development of this new social media website -provide detailed planning, consideration of user/member needs;
- Produce a design for a new social media website -2 pages, homepage and members page.
- Unit 1 : Analysing media products and audiences
- Unit 13 : Planning and pitching a print based media product
- Unit 14 : Producing a print media product
- Unit 30 : UK Media publishing
- Unit 32 : Graphic design for media products
- Unit 35 : Social media product
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Andrew's Catholic School directly.