German A level at Chancellor's School
Main topics covered
- Media (TV; Advertising; Communications Technology)
- Culture (Cinema; Music; Fashion)
- Healthy Living (Sport & Fitness; Health & Wellbeing; Holidays)
- Family & Relationships (Family; Friendships; Marriage & Partnerships)
- Grammar to be taught seperately
- Our Environment (Environmental pollution; Energy; SOS Earth: Call for action)
- Foreign Citizens (Immigration; Integration; Racism)
- Today’s Social Questions ( Wealth & Poverty; Law & Order; Science & Technology)
- Culture Dossier (Studying a region in the German-speaking world) and (Studying an author from the German-speaking world)
- Grammar to be taught alongside the units
Transition – Summer work is set on the school website for prospective A-level students
AS - One assessment after each unit (Listening and Reading to be assessed in class and a writing assignment to be completed for homework). One mock oral will take place in November/December.
A2 - One assessment after each unit (Listening and Reading to be assessed in class). One writing assignment on Berlin is be completed in October/November, one mock oral will take place in January/February, then a second writing assignment on Kafka will take place around April/May.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chancellor's School directly.