*Physical Education GCSE at The Westwood Academy (West Coventry Sixth Form)
Over the last two years at school, all pupils will take part in:
1) OUTDOOR ADVENTUROUS ACTIVITIES
- Possible opportunities to experience canoeing, rock-climbing and orienteering.
- Possible opportunities to go to Plas Dol-y-Moch or on camping expeditions.
2) GYMNASTIC ACTIVITIES
(Dance will be available as an extra-curricular activity).
- Soccer, netball, volleyball, basketball.
- Rounders/cricket, hockey (to be offered as extra-curricular and inter-form competitions, as well as during lesson time.)
Later on in the course, there may be opportunities for pupils to choose one or two activities to follow in more detail.Additional Modules
- During Year 10 pupils will look at aspects of Health Education, which affect the quality of our lives. This part of the course will involve some classroom teaching but will focus on the individual, and how the individual can develop an active life-style and lead a fitter, healthier life. This is assessed by coursework and is called 'LIFESTYLES'. Certificates will be awarded to successful pupils.
During Year 11 pupils will follow a course calledTournaments, which will involve youngsters in planning, organising and leading a sports tournament for their peers. The course involves pupils in many valuable aspects of citizenship and certificates will be awarded at the end of the block of work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Westwood Academy (West Coventry Sixth Form) directly.