Business BTEC Level 3 at Southern Consortium Sixth Form
Most units will investigate real business and cover a variety topics including marketing, team work, accounting, event organising, international business, and will be supported by written evidence or powerpoint presentations, formal reports and portfolios of evidence.
Unit 1 Exploring Business
Unit 2 Developing a Marketing Campaign
Unit 3 Personal and Business Finance
Unit 4 Managing an Event
Unit 5 International Business
Unit 6 Principles of Management
Unit 7 Business Decision Making
Unit 8 Recruitment and Selection Process
Unit 9 Team Building in Business
Unit 14 Investigating Customer Service
Unit 15 Investigating Retail Business
Unit 18 Creative Promotion
Unit 27 Work Experience
- Organising the Christmas fair and Winter disco
- Applying for a job and conducting job interviews
- Investigating retail business
- Creating a promotional plan for a business
Students must meet the Consortium minimum entry criteria for BTEC/CTEC Extended Diploma’s, that is, a GCSE grade 4 and above in English and Maths, as well as a minimum of GSCE grade C’s and D’s (point score of 35.2).
42% externally assessed and 58% internally assessed
- University – business/ business management/ international business / accounting/ business law/ events management/ or combined degree
- Apprenticeships: in business or events management and more
- Employment: Entrepreneur, Administrator, PA, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Promotions, Event Management Accounting, Business Law, Working in the city.
- 2 weeks work experience in year 13 (which builds into evidence for a unit)
- Retailing unit – Visit to Westfield
- Visit to the Business Show in London
- Lots of opportunities of enterprise
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southern Consortium Sixth Form directly.