French GCSE at Stocksbridge High
Who is this course for?
This course is for students who want to study French at GCSE level.
During this course you will...
- Gain a GCSE qualification
- Improve your ICT skills
- Raise your cultural awareness of countries where French is spoken
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of the grammar of French and how to apply it
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively in French
The GCSE course is made up of four themes:
- My World (Self, Family and Friends, Interests and Hobbies, Home and Local Environment, Daily Routine, School and Future Plans)
- Holiday Time and Travel (Travel, Transport and Finding the Way,
Tourism, Accommodation, Holiday Activities, Services)
- Work and Lifestyle (Home life, Healthy Living, Part-Time Jobs and Work Experience, Leisure, Shopping)
- The Young Person in Society (Character and Personal Relationships, The Environment, Education, Careers and Future Plans, Social Issues, Choices and Responsibilities)
Each skill (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing) is worth 25% of the final mark. Students will be entered for Foundation or Higher depending on their ability in each skill area.
All writing assignments are completed as coursework with no final written examination.
The listening, reading and speaking skills are assessed by final examination at the end of year 11.
Languages are a useful skill to have in any career.
You must remember that the GCSE qualification is at present theonly routeto 'A' level language studies.
In Higher Education a language is a very useful subject to combine with other subjects, for example, Business Studies, Leisure and Tourism, Law,
From 2012 University College, London will require all applicants to have a GCSE language qualification.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.