Business and administration - BTEC Diploma in Business and Administration level 1 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
This course provides a foundation of business and administration knowledge and will also strengthen your skills in maths, English and ICT. Whilst learning the core theory, you will have the opportunity to learn the practical skills required by many employers, through practical assessments and work experience.
The course includes:
- investigating rights and responsibilities at work,
- managing your health at work,
- working in business and administration,
- communicating electronically,
- making and receiving calls,
- welcoming visitors,
- using office equipment in a business environment,
- creating business documents,
- supporting business meetings,
- a business administration group project,
- ideas for small business.
You will also complete the award/certificate in personal and social development. English and maths are a compulsory part of the course and are externally tested.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English 2 and maths at 1 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 2 or above.
Coursework is set that reflects the practical skills on the course.
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
- BTEC Diploma in Business level 2,
- ABC Diploma in Fashion Retail level 2,
- BTEC Diploma in Understanding Enterprise and Entrepreneurship,
- Apprenticeship in Business Administration level 2,
- Apprenticeship in Customer Service level 2,
- Apprenticeship in Retail level 2.
You could enter employment within a wide range of industry settings, in roles such as customer service adviser, retail assistant or junior administrator.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.