Health and Social Care with ESOL at Leyton Sixth Form College
This is a Health and Social Care course for students with ESOL needs. You will work towards a Cambridge ESOL Skills for Life qualification and a BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Health and Social Care. You could also achieve an additional award in Work Skills.
You will be given the opportunity to develop your English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking throughout the course. The Health and Social Care units you will study include:
- Job Opportunities in Health and Social Care
- Creative and Leisure Activities for Adults
- Learning Experiences for Children and Young People.
All students will undertake an initial assessment. If you have studied ESOL before, we would expect you to have achieved entry level 3 or the equivalent. A commitment to study and a keen interest in Health and Social Care are essential.
You will be assessed in different ways:
- The ESOL component is assessed by Cambridge Skills for Life examinations.
- The Health and Social Care component is assessed through assignments and verified by Edexcel (BTEC).
You may be entered for a Maths examination.
You can progress from this course to other College courses including higher level BTEC and A levels.
What are the enrichment opportunities?
During the course you will be given the opportunity to go on visits to care organisations. You will also be able to join in other cultural and social activities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Leyton Sixth Form College directly.