Land-based Operations – Level 1 Diploma Woodland Skills at Sparsholt College
During this course you’ll develop basic practical skills and receive an introduction and insight into the woodland and tree care industries.
The course is very practical and involves work in local Forestry Commission and private estate woodlands. You’ll also work in the College sawmill and timber processing area, learning how to operate different types of machinery to produce timber and timber products for use around the College grounds and estate.Topics covered
• Habitat establishment and maintenance
• Machinery skills
• Forestry and tree care practice
• Health and safety in woodland skills
• Tractor driving and maintenance
• Fencing and brick and block work
• Planting and establishment of trees and shrubs
• Preparation of woodland areas
• Coppice work
• Assist with crosscutting and stacking sawmilling and timber processing
You will be expected to have a minimum of two GCSEs at grade E to F, and be recommended by your school.
• Level 2 or 3 qualifications in Arboriculture or Forestry
• This introductory course leads on to further education and will set a basis for future employment in the arboriculture and woodland industries
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.