Plastering Level 1 Diploma at City College Plymouth
Plastering is an art. Ask anyone who has tried to do it for themselves and failed. It takes skill and lots and lots of practice to create a smooth, even finish that will protect and enhance walls. This study programme will teach you about basic plastering techniques, the various materials used and allow you to practice your skills in a simulated working environment.
The main subjects covered are:
- handling and storing resources
- fixing sheet materials (plasterboard)
- internal plastering
- solid work plastering.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
You will need to have successfully completed the Basic Construction Skills Certificate.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions in the construction workshops, classrooms and College construction site. There will also be an externally set exam at the end of the course.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a level 2 course in plastering at the College, or
- an Apprenticeship in the sector
You could also look for entry level employment as a trainee plasterer or site labourer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.