Performing Arts BTEC Level 3 Certificate at South Wirral High School
The BTEC Level 3 qualification is designed to provide highly specialist work-related qualification in a vocational sense. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment.
The 60-credit BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma consists of one mandatory unit plus optional units and so offers greater flexibility and a choice of emphasis through the optional units. It is equivalent to one GCE A Level.
Through the course we aim to provide learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques , personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The mandatory unit is:
- Performing to na audience
The possible choice or units depending on students and staffing are:
- Performing with Masks
- Contemporary Theatre Performance
- Drama Improvisation
- Applying Physical Theatre
- Choreographing Dance
- Developing Movement Skills
- Movement in Performance
- Dance Appreciation
- Site-Specific Performance
Grade C or above in English Language and one or both of the art forms Dance or Drama at GCSE grade C or above.
- Assignment Briefs given to outline assessment criteria and successful outcomes
- Assignments and tasks internally set
- Portfolio of evidence
- Creating writing, recorded and video evidence to demonstrate your proficiency in the tasks set
- Evidence and work marked internally
- Internally moderated with sample externally moderated
Performing // Stage Management // Box Office // Administration // Working Freelance // Dancer/Performer
6 Units over 2 years 3 Units in each year
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Wirral High School directly.