Sport - BTEC First Diploma at Grange Technology College
This course allows you to study many sporting topics and demonstrates how you would use the knowledge gained in a range of sports based careers.
For further information contact Miss J Speakman Subject Leader.
You will learn in great detail about the following:
- How to prepare for sport correctly
- Why health and safety in sport are so important
- How the sports industry is structured and functions
- The techniques, rules and roles of officials in a range of sports
- How the body works to perform sport to a high standard
- How to lead and coach sport to others
A keen interest in sport!!
An ability to meet coursework deadlines.
The course is 100% coursework based.
You must complete numerous assignments during years 10 and 11.
If you enjoy sports why not use your enthusiasm and knowledge to gain a qualification!!!
This course provides a very strong foundation for students wishing to study sport based AS GCE courses at colleges and in the 6th form. These include coaching courses, A-Level PE, BTEC Nationals in Sport etc following this students can progress onto sports based university courses.
Examples of career path ways following university are teaching, sports development, sports marketing, physiotherapy, professional coach, leisure centre manager and many more!!!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grange Technology College directly.