Sport: Development, Coaching and Fitness Level 3 Diploma/ Extended Diploma at Cottingham High School
This course allows you to develop the essential skills and knowledge required for employment within the sports sector or to progress with your studies at a higher level. It specifically focuses on sports development, coaching and fitness. The Diploma is equivalent to 2 A Levels and the Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A Levels.
You will study the following:
* Diploma - 8 mandatory units and 5 specialist option units
* Extended Diploma - 8 mandatory units and 11 specialist option units
* Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
* The physiology of fitness
* Assessing risk in sport
* Fitness training and programming
* Sports coaching
* Sports development
* Fitness testing for sport and exercise
* Practical team sports or Practical individual sports
GCSE’s at grade A*-C are generally required.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cottingham High School directly.