Hairdressing Level 1 Diploma at South Cheshire College
This course is ideal for those who want to do hairdressing but do not have the entry requirements for the Level 2 programme. The course will introduce you to hair and beauty and will cover a range of topics from presenting a professional image in a salon to colouring hair using temporary colours. In addition you will be able to further your skills in Functional Skills in Maths and English, Level 1 Award in Vocational Studies in the Hair & Beauty sector and gain 10 hours of work experience and participate in community events.
- Introduction to the hair & beauty sector
- Present a professional image in the salon
- The art of dressing hair
- Follow health & safety in the salon
- Working with others in the hair & beauty sector
- Create a hair & beauty image
- Colour hair using temporary colour
- Salon reception duties
- Create and maintain retail displays in the salon
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Styling Women's hair
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Hair plaiting.
- Functional Skills Maths & English
- Certificate in Personal and Social Development
GCSE grade E in Maths and English - candidates may also be considered if they have an F grade in one of the subjects.
Progressions to: VTCT Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Hairdressing or VTCT NVQ 2 in Hairdressing dependent upon the level of functional skill achieved and practical ability at this point.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Cheshire College directly.