Italian (AS) at The Arnewood School
The course aims to encourage students to develop their enthusiasm for language learning, to communicate confidently and effectively in their chosen language(s) and to develop an awareness of the contemporary society and cultural background of the countries where these languages are spoken.
AS Level Topics
- The Media - Television, Advertising, Communication Technology
- Popular Culture – Cinema, Music, Fashion/Trends
- Healthy Living/Lifestyle – Sport/Exercise, Health and Well-being, Holidays
- Family/Relationships – Relationships within the Family, Friendships, Marriage/Partnerships
A minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above is preferred (with at least a grade B in their chosen language(s).
- Unit 1 Two hour examination taken in June of Y12. Weighting = 35 % (70% AS)
- Unit 2 Fifteen minute speaking examination taken in June of Y12. Weighting =15% (30% AS)
At the start of the course students are encouraged to purchase a good quality and up-to-date bi-lingual dictionary
A Level languages equip students with skills that are increasingly in demand in many sectors of business. They combine with a wide range of subjects from tourism and interpreting to engineering and agriculture!
In addition students should compile reference materials in the target language such as magazine and newspapers and watch/read the news on the target language news websites. They should also read quality English newspapers in order to improve their awareness of current affairs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Arnewood School directly.