Horse Management (2nd Yr) C&G Extended Diploma Level 3 at Kingston Maurward College
Year two includes a study tour and organising your own show and has more specialist units to assist you in achieving your career goals:
- Undertake and review work related experience in the land-based industries
- Understand the principles of animal anatomy and physiology
- Prepare and care for competition horses
- Understand the principles of horse rehabilitation and therapy
- Business management in the land based sector
- Undertake equestrian teaching
- Contribute to managing an equine event
- Riding horses on the flat
- Riding horses over fences
- Training towards BHS exams (exam fees not included)
Completion of the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Horse Management. English Language. The Equine Centre has a weight limit of 85kg (13 stones 5llbs) for all riders.
Courses leading to a qualification are FREE for British citizens, aged under 19 years on 31 August in the academic year you start your course.* However, there may be some additional costs for clothing/kit and trips depending on your course. You can apply to the Bursary Fund for extra help towards the cost of transport, food, equipment or childcare.
A responsible and challenging career in the equine industry in the UK or abroad, progression to university or, with further training, a variety of therapeutic careers are attainable. Yard Supervisor, Mounted Armed Forces, Racing Industry, Animal Physiotherapist, Animal Technician, Applied Animal Behaviourist, Horse Riding Instructor, Horse Trainer, Animal Physiotherapist, Animal Technician, Applied Animal Behaviourist, Horse Riding Instructor, Horse Trainer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingston Maurward College directly.