Health & Social Care BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Bebington High Sports College
The course is respected by universities and employers. It is not just the results that make this such a fabulous area but also the enriching opportunities that the course offers including work experience and vocationally linked learning.
You will complete six units over two years, achieving a pass, merit or distinction grade equivalent to one A Level:
AS (one year) course consists of three core units of work:
- Unit 1: Developing Effective Communication, including methods, barriers, theory, needs & preferences
- Unit 2: Equality, Diversity & Rights, including diverse factors, individual rights, legislation & cultures
- Unit 3: Health, Safety & Security, including risk assessment, hazards, safety laws and prioritising needs
A2 (one year) course consists of three compulsory units of work
- Unit 5: Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 11: Nutrition in Health and Social Care
- Unit 10: Caring for children and young people
Essential 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language.
Desirable to have Level 2 in Health & Social Care.
100% coursework assessed continuously over the 2 years. No examinations.
This course offers a specialist qualification that focuses on particular aspects of employment within the sector. It offers a mix of theoretical, practical and vocational learning and provides opportunities for learners to gain a nationally recognised, vocationally specific qualification to enter employment as a health or social care worker or progress to further vocational qualifications. During the course students have the opportunity to visit a range of H&SC services as well as having visits from external agencies to support learning.
Students who study Health & Social Care can go on to work in careers such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, teaching, social work, youth work, nursing, and many more within the health & social sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bebington High Sports College directly.