Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery Level 3 Diploma at City College Brighton and Hove
Carpentry is a rewarding, challenging and creative career. There is a great sense of satisfaction to be gained that you can create something that is long-lasting and is a testament of your skill and talent to bring pleasure or functionality to someone.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the skills, underpinning knowledge and a broad understanding of the diversity and complexity that is the Construction industry. You’ll explore the roles and responsibilities of the people who work in the industry and the possible career progression routes.
This course is designed to develop your practical skills, knowledge and understanding of carpentry and joinery and the construction industry in general. It explores the built environment and the wider issues of sustainability and the impact the Construction industry has on the environment.
By the end of this course you’ll have gained a Level 3 qualification and have the skills and confidence needed to apply for a wide range of jobs within the construction industry, including those at a supervisory level.
Whilst you are studying on this course you will:
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Building methods and construction technology
- Know how to set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- Know how to manufacture complex shaped joinery products
- Manufacture complex shaped joinery products
- Know how to produce complex shaped joinery product details
- Produce complex shaped joinery product details
Evidence of a Level 2 carpentry qualification.
Interview for entry: Interview required
The Carpentry and Joinery level 3 book by Heinemann is recommended but is not essential.
1. Achievement of each practical unit will be by internal assessment as part of the workshop programme.
Each knowledge unit has mandatory series of questions; these are externally set and are assessed internally.
2. A practical assignment set by CAA and controlled by the internal assessor will need to be successfully completed before accreditation of the qualification.
3. In addition an online Knowledge exam covering the core units and occupational units in which a passed must be accredited to achieve the qualification.
Students will require safety boots and stationery (lever arch folder, A4 pad, pen and pencil)
The level 3 Diploma is designed to provide learners with the underpinning knowledge, skills and confidence required to apply for employment, within the construction industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Brighton and Hove directly.