Music A Level at Highlands School
The qualification builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills that you achieved in GCSE Music. You will be expected to be proficient with a musical instrument, roughly equivalent to grade 4 or above ABRSM.
3 units at AS Level, including:
- Unit 1 Understanding Music
- Unit 2 Composing
- Unit 3 Performing
3 units at A2, including:
- Unit 4 Understanding Music
- Unit 5 Composing
- Unit 6 Performing
Grade B or better in GCSE Music
Assessment will take the form of internal composition and performance, and external written and listening papers.
- Degree studies or diplomas
- Music industry, film/TV music.
- Music is recognised as an entry qualification for a wide range of Higher Education courses and employment opportunities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highlands School directly.