Brickwork City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma (QCF) at Weymouth College
If you want to work in the construction industry then the Level 1 course is ideal for you as it develops your practical skills and the theoretical knowledge required for brickwork. You do not need to be employed within your chosen trade to undertake this course as it will teach you the underpinning knowledge required as well as ‘building’ your practical skills. You can then progress to the Level 2 and Level 3 courses where you will be introduced to the whole building experience and develop all the knowledge and skills you need to become a professional. You will continue to develop your practical skills and theoretical knowledge required for this well-respected craft in the building industry.
- Carry out safe working practices
- Information, quantities and communication
- Building methods and construction technology
- Setting out and building basic masonry structures up to damp course level
- Carry out basic bricklaying
- Carry out basic blocklaying
- Carry out basic cavity walling You will also study personal and social development, and the work skills qualification designed to prepare you for employment.
- Selection is by interview.
- 4 GCSEs at grade E or above including English and maths or equivalent or completion of Entry Level 3 Diploma in Construction Multi Skills
- You must demonstrate an interest and commitment to study.
You will be assessed through practical assignments, but you will also take written theory papers throughout the course. For Level 3 you will also take end of unit synoptic tests throughout the course.
Students who completed this course have progressed to Brickwork Level 2 Diploma and NVQ Level 2 Brickwork, which is the recognised minimum requirement to work in the construction industry and must be completed with work experience.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weymouth College directly.