AS and A2 Level Music Technology at The Willink School
At AS there are 2 units.
- Music Technology portfolio
- Listening exam
The Portfolio will consist of 3 set task
- Sequencing - re-creating a well known track using Cubase software.
- Recording - Using the 24 track recording studio to record your own piece.
- Arranging - Arranging a well known track into a new genre.
The listening exam will require you to answer questions on various styles of music, as well as recognising effects and technological processes in recordings.
At A2 the same 2 units are studied.
The portfolio will consist of 3 set tasks
- Extended sequencing
- Advanced recording and producing
The listening exam will require you to re-programme elements of set pieces of music and to re-correct deliberate mistakes made in specific extracts.
You will be expected to have met the general entry requirements for the sixth form. You will also need at least a grade C at GCSE in Maths, English and Music and have a keen interest in Popular Music and creating your own music. It will also be very useful for you to have some rudimentary keyboard skills and to be able to play at least one instrument to a proficient standard.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Willink School directly.